Norfolk, NE – April 13-14, 2018
Friday, April 13, 2018:
“Using Your Outdoor Classroom”
9:00AM – 12:00PM
- Children benefit from using nature as an integral part of daily learning.
- Well-designed outdoor spaces provide an ideal setting for many learning experiences.
- Learning experiences that take place in the natural world can support all children’s interests and needs and strengthen skill-development in all academic areas.
Lunch Break 12:00-12:30pm Lunch Provided!
“Developing Observation Skills”
12:30PM – 3:30PM
- Natural outdoor classrooms are idea venues for children’s visual spatial work, an area of learning that is often overlooked.
- Adults need to closely observe and record children’s visual-spatial work to understand children’s learning.
- To most effectively describe and understand visual-spatial work, adults need to use a visual tool (visual notes). This tool also strengthens the adult’s visual spatial thinking.
Spring Fling Begins!
*5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Registration and light meal provided
“The Arts and Nature”
6:00PM – 9:00PM
- Interaction with the natural world helps to inspire creative thinking and supports cognitive, perceptual, emotional and imaginative development.
- Artistic experiences can help children make sense of their environment and provide a format to express their interpretations of the world around them.
- The Look-Move-Build-Sketch planning tool can be used to support and strengthen visual-spatial thinking and all other modes of learning.
- Natural elements can be the focal point viewed as a work of art, can be the materials used in an art process, and can be represented through art experiences in a variety of ways.
Saturday, April 14, 2018:
9:00AM – 12:00PM
- Infants and toddlers learn through rich, open-ended sensory experiences.
- Interactions with natural materials support whole–child learning.
- Careful observations, reflection and planning create beneficial learning experiences in nature for this age group.
Registration deadline: April 6, 2018. Limited space available so be sure to register early!
Refund and Cancellation Policy
We understand things happen and schedules change. If you need to cancel a workshop you are registered to attend please contact Nature Explore immediately via phone or email. A 50% refund will be received on all cancellations received up to 7 days prior to the workshop. If cancellation is made within 7 days of the workshop, no refund will be received.