About Nature Explore
Nature Explore is a collaborative program of the Arbor Day Foundation and Dimensions Educational Research Foundation, 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations. The mission of this comprehensive, research-based initiative is to help children and families develop a profound engagement with the natural world, where nature is an integral, joyful part of children’s daily learning.
Our goal with the Nature Explore program is to support your important efforts to connect children with nature. We do this by offering:
- Outdoor Classroom Design Services to help create nurturing, nature-based outdoor spaces
- Workshops & Conferences to share effective, inspiring ideas for enhancing children’s learning with nature
- Natural Products for Outdoor Classrooms, field-tested components that support children’s interests and creativity
- Family Resources to inspire nature connections at home
- Sustainability Network to help programs connect and share ideas
- Research and Field-testing as the foundation for all our programs and resources.
We work with schools; nature centers; national forests, parks and wildlife refuges; zoos; arboretums; early childhood programs, libraries, faith-based programs, and many others.
A network of Certified Nature Explore Classrooms is developing throughout the United States. They are appropriate wherever a traditional playground might be built.
Nature Explore consultants are also available to deliver keynote addresses and presentations at educational and environmental conferences.
Since 1998, Dimensions Educational Research Foundation has been conducting on-going research on nature education at Dimensions Early Education Programs, which serve as primary research classrooms, and at regional research sites in Minnesota and California.
Nature Explore is proud to collaborate with many national and international partners, including the Nature Action Collaborative for Children; sponsored by the World Forum Foundation, the Children and Nature Network, Keep America Beautiful, The Outdoor Classroom Project and many others.